Fri, Sep 29|
Dancing Fish Vineyards
Dancing Fish Vineyards Harvest 2023 Sign-up
Join us for Harvest 2023 as a volunteer - in the picking, weighing, and processing of the fruit our little island vineyard provides. Please read the information below for more details about this event!
Time & Location
Sep 29, 2023, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Dancing Fish Vineyards, 1953 Newman Rd, Freeland, WA 98249, USA
About the Event
HARVEST is here!
Join us in the picking, weighing, and processing of the fruit our little island vineyard provides.
If you want to join in the fun and learn the full process of transforming grapes to wine, please respond letting us know you’d like to come.
Is it work? Yes. But fun work in community.
Want to sign up? Click the 'RSVP' button on this event page.
Schedule for Friday, September 29th
9:30 am – Arrivals of Staff and Volunteers
9:30 - 9:45 am – Orientation and Role Assignments
9:30-12:00 pm – Harvest, Weighing, Sorting, Destemming, Crushing
12:30-1:30 pm – Lunch (Greenbank Pantry Deli Sandwiches)
1:30- 2:30 pm – Wine Processing, Education, Organizing, Clean-up
What to know:
- Harvest involves the clipping of grapes from the vines, ie bending/crouching down. You may also choose to bring a small lightweight stool for comfort.
- Long sleeves, long pants and close-toed shoes are required. Hats are also great! **once we start picking, yellow jackets will get interested in what we’re up to**
- Please bring pruning shears/clippers, gloves and a clean bucket if you have one.
- Dancing Fish will provide lunch.
- In keeping with past tradition, we are planning to blend the three white varietals we grow (Madeleine Angevine, Burmunk, and Siegerrebe) to make “MABS”.
- When ready, harvest volunteers will have first access to the wine they helped make!!
There are 30 spots available. If you'd like to join us, please sign up by clicking the RSVP button on this page and entering your information.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dancing Fish Team